Over the past 3 years, Center for Champions has formed 24 Life on Life matches. At present, there are 18 with a new one forming in the next week and more mentors signed up for our next training. At Rooted, there are presently 32 one on one mentors. It’s been an exciting time.
At Center for Champions, we believe strongly in BHAG’s (big hairy audacious goals). Our BHAG for 2018 is 60 matches! Is it attainable? Barely. (It wouldn’t be a BHAG if it were easy, but it is attainable.) One thing I do know is that we cannot do it on our own. It has been amazing to witness what God has done this year and we want you to be a part of it. What does it take to make Center for Champions go? Mentors and financial support. In this season of giving, please prayerfully consider how you could give to Center for Champions with your time, your money, or both. We need you!
Below are some recent highlights from CFC. Some of these may not seem like a big deal, but take my word, they are very big deals!
– One boy told his mentor that he’s gotten into fights at school recently and when he was decorating his Christmas tree he decided to pray for forgiveness. He told his mentor that afterward, he had goosebumps and that feeling in his stomach like when you go down a hill on a roller coaster.
– A girl recently was embarrassed during a game we were playing and left the room crying. The boy who won the game took his prize, a package of cookies, and gave them to her. We never saw that coming from this boy!
– 2 students in the past few weeks have made decisions to follow Jesus during conversations with their mentors.
– Many students have had competitions with their mentors to see who can get the most right on Mad Math Minute. Competing in math? Again, we were blindsided by that one.
– A few mentors have asked if they could volunteer as mentors at an additional site each week.
– 3 Rooted mentors have expressed an interested in becoming their student’s Life on Life mentor as well.
You can give to CFC here.
You can sign up to be a Rooted or Life on Life mentor here.